Monday, April 9, 2012

A Patisserie in the Springtime

Doesn't everyone dream of going to Paris? I know I do. I have not made it there yet, but my daughter will be going in a few months on a student exchange trip. Choosing a French theme for her birthday party was an obvious choice. I decided to model the dessert table after a patisserie, making it look as realistic as I could. I made food labels in french, complete with prices in Euros. The french blue wall making a pretty backdrop once adorned with a chalkboard menu, french calendar and framed pastries. 
The menu included palmiers, macaroons, meringue cookies, cream puffs, mocha madeleines, fruit tarts and brownie cakes. I looked at many pictures of real french bakeries before deciding on the menu and tried to keep to items that really would be sold there. The tarts and tulips were as pretty as a picture. White chocolate Eiffel towers were handed out as favors. I used my tea set and collection of tea cups to add some color and charm. The dessert table transformed the room. The guests were enchanted. And the birthday girl, she will carry the love of family with her while she walks down the streets of Paris.
Vendor credits below.










Party Styling and Baked Goods:  Jeannie Gearin

Photography:  Marisa Gearin

Calendar:  Sycamorestreetpress.etsy.com/shop/
Framed Art Work:  FrenchGallery.etsy.com/shop/
Eiffel Tower Poster: MissInsouciance.etsy.com/shop/ 
Macaroons  janjoupatisserie.etsy.com/shop/
Invitation:  GreenBeansieInk.etsy.com/shop/
Pastry tags:  bellaseradesigns.etsy.com/shop/

No comments:

Post a Comment